Leisure Lake Property Owners’ Association (LLPOA) recognizes outstanding community leadership, service activities, and volunteer work.
A $500 college assistance award is based on participation in a leadership role in LLPOA community service activities and volunteer work; academic grade point average; and content of a 300-word or less essay submission.
To be eligible, applicants must have participated in community service work or volunteer activities. Applicants must also meet the following criteria:
- A high school senior or college freshman;
- Be a current Member in Good Standing, a dependent child or grandchild of a current Member in Good Standing of LLPOA;
- Have a cumulative high school grade point average between 2.5 and 4.0 on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) – emphasis will be placed on community service activities; and plan to enroll in or be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two – or four-year college or university, or vocational-technical school.
A committee will carefully review each application in search of the most deserving recipient. At least three judges will consider the following:
- Leadership and community service or volunteer activities.
- Academic grade point average; and
- The content of a 300-word or less essay submission.
Awards are for one year and are limited to undergraduate study. Applications will be accepted from January 1 to April 30.
The winning applicant will be requested to participate in LLPOA’s 4th of July activities. Monetary awards are paid directly to the institution of higher learning, not to the recipient.
Download, print, complete and return the following application and required attachments via email (pdf) to Treasurer@llpoa-ia.com or via mail to LLPOA COLLEGE PROGRAM, P.O. Box 8, Bernard, IA 52032